Starware is coming to our Tech Jobs Fair in Amsterdam! If you are still job hunting online, this is your chance to meet their team in person and get the opportunity to work with highly motivated and skilled professionals.
Our Amsterdam Tech Job Fair will be happening this 11th of April. Get tickets here to join us.
For the meantime, here is some important information you need to know about Starware to prepare yourself before the job fair starts.
What’s the story behind the creation of Starware?
Starware was founded by two friends in 1992 as a small computer hardware company in Reeuwijk. A lot has changed over time.
The two friends have become a group of more than 45. The computer components have been replaced by IT solutions and services for the logistics and Supply Chain world.
Starware has also opened new offices in Venlo and Hamburg. What has always remained is the open corporate culture, a good balance between work and home and an original, humorous approach.
What’s your company culture like?
Our organisation is as flat as it gets, we have no management layers and organise flexible cells around the work we do. We strongly believe in empowering our teams to get jobs done.
We always keep in mind that we are in it for the long run, and want our co-workers to feel great of the work they are doing and how they are doing it.
What is your team like? How do you work?
As our teams consist of trained software developers with a huge interest in supply chains, we tend to look at things a little different than the usual supply chain consultant.
Our ideas are always set out with an agile mindset, we challenge the status quo and often solve problems in ways nobody looked at yet.
What kind of people are you looking for?
Starware is open to all and we enjoy the diversity of our team, regardless of what they look like, where they come from, how they worship or who they love.
What binds us is that we all want to do good work, our drive to keep improving, have a good sense of humor and our ability to put things into perspective.
Who’s the best match for your team?
Do you have a passion for logistics software? Our dream team-member already has JDA WMS experience or has worked on other WMS and is eager to learn about newest technologies.
But most importantly, you are a team-player with great problem solving and analytical skills, who works in a precise and structured way. You are proactive in suggesting your own ideas to the client when you see potential for solution improvements.
What benefits and perks do you offer your employees?
- Latest technologies. Be part of implementing advanced Machine Learning and AI in the WMS space while building software via the latest Microsoft Stack and frameworks & tools like MS DevOps, Git, Angular & Azure.
- Work – Life Balance and Flexibility. Choose where and when to work, avoid traffic and pick up your kids from school.
- Awesome colleagues. We work and party together. Our teams consist of exceptional professionals with an even more exceptional sense of humour!
- Professional development opportunities. Starware encourages learning and training in your chosen field.
- Be part of the family. Starware is dedicated to keep the family-like atmosphere, which made the company so successful in the first place.
- Diversity and Excellence. We hire based on talent and personality, not based on nationality.
- Party & Team Spirit. Participate in the famous Starware parties & team-building events where you might have to break free from prison or run wild trough the woods…
- Excellent Benefits. Pension plan, extra holidays, lease car, latest apple gear.
Quotes from employees:
“There are no “formal bosses” at Starware. Even the company owners are holding themselves equal to the rest of Starware colleagues. This is one of the main reasons why I work here. ” – Martijn Bergevoet, WMS developer & configurator
“At Starware, we have very straightforward communication and there is always someone to reach out to in case you need help.” – Marco Schouwenaar, Senior WMS Consultant.
“To me, the most surprising thing about Starware is the amount of trust that the company owners put in Starware employees. They truly believe in you and help you grow as a professional.” – Monika Martinkova, People Operations Manager