Original post by David Cohen via ALLFacebook
Social recruiting solution Jobvite released the seventh version of its annual Social Recruiting Survey Wednesday, and the survey of more than 1,800 recruiters and human-resources professionals across various industries and regions found that social recruiting continues to become a priority for them, and that while Facebook has carved out a significant niche, LinkedIn is still the social network of choice on the recruiting side.
Social media-related findings by Jobvite included:
- 93 percent of recruiters currently use or plan to use social networks to support their recruiting efforts.
- 73 percent planned to increase their investment in social recruiting in 2014.
- 73 percent have successfully hired candidates via social media, with 79 percent of those hires coming via LinkedIn, 26 percent via Facebook and 14 percent via Twitter.
- Facebook is the social network of choice for job seekers, at 86 percent, but LinkedIn attracts 94 percent of recruiters, compared with 66 percent for Facebook.
- 93 percent of recruiters review candidates’ social media profiles before making decisions.
- 55 percent have reconsidered candidates based on their social media profiles, with 61 percent of those reconsiderations negative.
- Recruiters frown upon poor spelling and grammar (66 percent), profanity (63 percent) and indications of drug use (83 percent), while they were not swayed by political affiliation and religion.
- 44 percent of recruiters who have implemented social recruiting have seen improvements in the quality of candidates, while 44 percent have seen a higher quantity of clients and 34 percent have experienced quicker times to hire,
- 33 percent spend nothing on social recruiting, while 41 percent spend $1 to $999.
- Only 18 percent consider themselves to be social recruiting experts, while 82 percent classified themselves as proficient or novice.
Join our TechStartupJobs Fair Berlin Autumn 2014 @ Berlin,Germany,Thursday, November 20, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CET)
Event management for TechStartupJobs Fair Berlin Autumn 2014 powered by Eventbrite