London Tech Job Fair is getting closer and closer with tickets being already available! A little more than a month left to this awesome event where job seekers and employers will get a chance to meet and connect. Today we come to you with an interview with Founders Factory: a place where amazing ideas get to grow.
What’s the story behind the creation of your company?
Founders Factory is the world’s best partner for founders.
Started by Brent Hoberman and Henry Lane Fox, Founders Factory has received investment from L’Oréal, easyJet, Guardian Media Group, Aviva, Holtzbrinck, Marks & Spencers, CSC and is partnered with Wunderman and Vodafone. Combined with our full-time team of 60 specialists we offer founders the best platform to launch or scale their startup.
Our incubator creates 13 new startups every year. We validate ideas, build founding teams, find first customers and invest directly in each startup.
Our accelerator invests in 35 startups every year. We invest cash, six months of bespoke support from our team and provide commercial opportunities with our investors.
To date we have built 13 startups in-house and scaled 53 startups.
What is your team like? How do you work?
We make new businesses from scratch. We work closely with our seven investors to identify new business opportunities, and rapidly bring those to market by providing significant “unfair advantage”: be that access to existing customers or proprietary data sets. We then provide support to those startups by using our team of experts in growth marketing, fundraising, product, design, engineering and talent.
What kind of people are you looking for?
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a leadership capacity
- Knowledge of a range of modern mobile frameworks
- Knowledge of a range of current cross-platform product development frameworks
- Well-connected to the developer community
- A proven track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life
- Thrive in uncertainty – ideally in an agency business and/or startup environment
- Strong communication skills – you’ll be sharing the results of analyses, and discussing technical problems, with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
Who’s the best match for your team?
- Startup experience is a plus, as is experience working with distributed teams
- Motivated to found a startup business, and able to dedicate themselves full-time to the project
- A curious and creative mind, eager to understand what makes people tick, as well the ability to reconcile this understanding with commercial imperative
- Appetite for experimenting with new technologies and tools to drive innovation and creativity
- Relentlessly resourceful and creative problem solving
What benefits and perks do you offer your employees?
- Access to a large network of investors and customers
- Founder-level equity upon spinout
- Operational support (marketing, legal, finance, fundraising, business development & recruitment)
- Comprehensive extended health care coverage
- Office Meals: Catered lunches, unlimited breakfast, healthy snacks, freshly ground coffee and Paul’s Irish Bar.
- Stretch O’Clock
You can also learn more about Founders Factory by visiting their website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter! Don’t forget to book your free job seeker ticket for the event and meet with them in person on the 20th of September!