Q: What do you do when you’ve shut down one startup before getting work on the next one? The answer, in Matthieu Vaxelaire’s case, is help out some other would-be entrepreneurs by launching a not-for-profit to give away 1,000 bundles of free web tools, each worth more than $10,000. These Startup Packs are available to startups that have launched in the last two years and raised no more than £250,000 in funding — largely on a first come, first served basis.
So what’s in the packs? Everything you might need to launch a startup, says Vaxelaire — specifically:
1. Zendesk: to manage customer support — 12 months for free
2. Box: to share files online — 12 months for free for 3 users
3. Mailjet: to send transactional emails — 12 months for free
4. TextMaster: to translate all your documents — 10,000 credits for free
5. Twilio: to bring voice and messaging to your web — $134 for free
6. Engine Yard: to host your website — $500 for free