Original post by Carlie Smith via openviewpartners
When kicking off a search for a new employee, it is important to have a clear picture of what you want to do so you can focus on the goal. Setting expectations for the search is key. Most expansion-stage companies have multiple openings running simultaneously, so having a written recruiting plan is essential to stay on track.
Before you start recruiting make sure you can answer these questions:
- What is the search?
- Who are the decision makers?
- What are the constraints on the search?
- What are the criteria for the search?
- What is the recruiting strategy?
- What is the projected outcome?
Next, create a recruiting plan for the hiring strategy:
Phase 1: Planning
- Determine who the decision makers are and work with hiring managers to define the job profile, budget, interview process and projected timeline. Create a targeted job description based on essential functions and qualifications for position.