Nexxiot is a TradeTech pioneer with a mission to enable easier, safer and cleaner transportation for all stakeholders in the global supply chain.
Nexxiot is a TradeTech pioneer with a mission to enable easier, safer and cleaner transportation for all stakeholders in the global supply chain. Nexxiot’s IoT hardware, software, and analytics create transparency to improve efficiency and preserve value across supply networks. The technology mitigates risks to people, infrastructure, and cargo and reduces emissions and waste.
The company empowers carriers, cargo owners, and other transportation participants to monitor the location, status, and conditions of their assets and cargo in real-time, anywhere in the world. Sophisticated Big Data analytics delivers business intelligence at scale to drive efficiency, process automation, and achieve sustainability targets.
Headquartered in Zurich, Nexxiot operates throughout Europe and the U.S., with an international team of employees from 29 countries.
For more information, visit www.nexxiot.com
As a Backend Engineer working at Nexxiot you are part of an interdisciplinary agile product team, responsible for implementing software features according to the requirements and priorities provided by the Product Owner (PO). Working closely with the rest of the team, your goal is to design, implement and test software solutions and to operate and maintain the resulting software services according to our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices. You are skilled and experienced in writing distributed backend services including data and software modelling, as well as API design.
You are a curious and open-minded team player who is keen to learn and develop new solutions. Goal oriented, well organized, and comfortable to work independently. Never afraid of reaching out to other staff members in order to gather the information and know-how needed to resolve the task at hand. You prefer to automate recurring tasks and to create tools that help conduct manual activities semi-automatically. You have technical writing capabilities (in English) which enable effective and understandable write-ups of knowledgebase entries and to document your software services, procedures, and tools. You are fluent in English, having decent communications skills, and you feel comfortable working remotely, collaborating with your team members via chat channels, audio and video calls.
– Implement software components and services including testing and writing technical documentation according to continuous integration best practices.
– Deploy software services to different environments (development, testing, and production) using continuous deployment practices, operate and maintain those deployments according to the principles of Site Reliability Engineering.
– Provide 3rd level support and ensure service availability during business hours.
– Participate in the proposal, review, and discussion of solution design documents.
– Review and approve merge/pull requests created by teammates.
– Participate in agile software development activities (e.g. stand-ups, planning meetings, demos, retrospectives, …).
– Act as an onboarding buddy for new team members.
– Good conceptual skills in developing solution designs and implementing them in software.
– Open-minded team player, taking end-to-end responsibility to get things done.
– Curious and never afraid of learning to master new tools, technologies, and methodologies.
– Professional experience in writing JVM based software, primarily in Kotlin and Java. Linux/Unix shell know-how is a great plus.
– Familiar with common backend engineering concepts, patterns, and technologies like SQL (PostgreSQL), NoSQL (DynamoDB), Message Queueing (SQS or Apache Kafka), Containerized (Docker) workloads and Kubernetes deployments.
– Familiarity with AWS products are a plus but not required.
– Experience in writing and operating containerized software services (e.g. Kubernetes/Docker).
– Strong interest in cloud architecture / distributed system design.
– Experience with automated testing and CI.
– Fluent in English spoken and written. German is a plus, but not mandatory.
This role has been newly created to be based in our HQ in Zurich hence please ensure your eligibility to work and live in Switzerland. We encourage you to apply for this position regardless of your age, gender, or religion (or whatever might hold you back). At Nexxiot, we embrace and strongly believe in the power of a diverse culture – only by accepting everyone for who they are, we can build the best team and drive Nexxiot to success!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com