Essential of you are starting out in a professional as software developer using Java. The course is practical, well-paced in small groups essential and leads to certification. Java is one of the most popular programming languages for web, desktop and mobile application development.
Why do a Java Programming course: As professional Java Developer, you have good career opportunities : The average salary for Java Developers is £, and Java Developer jobs makes up an astounding 56% of all IT related jobs in London. (read more on the website itjobswatch ).
Certification: An assessment-based PCWorkshops certificate and You will be prepared to pass the Oracle Java SE 8 Programmer 11Z0-808 Exam
- Overview of Java: The three Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) principles; First Java program; Closer look at the first program; Lexical Issues and Java keywords
- Data Types, Variables, and Arrays: Primitive types; Characters; Boolean; Working with variables and its scope; Type conversion and casting; Introduction to String class; Working with arrays
- Operators and Expressions: Introduction of operators; Arithmetic operators; Relational operators; Assignment operator; Logical operators; Increment and decrement operators; More in operators
- Decision Making: If statement; If – else statement; If- else if – else statement; Nested if – else; Switch Statements
- Using Loops: Introduction of looping; The while loop; The do-while loop; The for loop; The enhanced for loop; Jump statements : break, continue; The return statement; Nesting loops; Using the for-each loop with Arrays
- Introduction to Classes and Objects: Introduction of Object and Classes; Creating a Class; Creating an Object; Using an Object; Adding Instance variables; Controlling accessibility; Naming conventions for class members
- Using Methods: Introduction of methods; Creating a Method in class; Calling a Method; Returning value from a Method; Adding a Method that takes parameters; Class Constructors; Parameterized Constructors; The this keyword; The static keyword
- More in Methods and Classes: Overloading methods; Overloading Constructors; Using objects as parameters; Returning objects; Recursion; Access control : private, public and protected; The final keyword; Nested and inner classes; A stack class
- Exception Handling: Fundamentals of exception handling; Exception types; Using try and catch; Multiple catch clauses; Nested try statements; Concept of throw and throws; The finally blocks
All techniques listed will be illustrated with practical examples which will be done during the sessions, or for part time students sometimes as homework.
Course work, computers, evaluations and certificates
Course handbook is supplied. Evaluations will be taken continuously and a certificate of completion will be issued.
We have all necessary equipment in our computer lab, but you can also bring your own laptop.