Writing the future. Together.
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
The Treasury & Credit domain delivers core banking capabilities in the “Lending & Credit” and “Treasury” areas of a bank’s value chain.
We provide a full suite of credit management modules and functionality covering credit initiation, operations and risk with interfaces to key information service providers for credit checking, property evaluation, interest rates, etc.
For the treasury area, the domain also delivers cash management, as well as foreign exchange and money market management functionality with the required interfaces to support full straight-through processing (STP) from deal capture to settlement and reconciliation. Complementing these capabilities is a set of modules for security financing which encompass functionality for securities lending & borrowing, repurchase agreements and collateral management.
We put great emphasis on strong ownership, frequent interactions, and quick execution. We follow an agile approach and are committed to bringing high quality and innovative solutions to our extensive global customer base.
- Set the strategic direction and develop the overall architecture of your domain in alignment and collaboration with the system architect.
- Pro-actively follow current technology trends and take ownership in the end to end architecture definition for new products or product extensions, business needs, with a view to define a holistic Client Experience.
- Link between business and technology, mediate between various stakeholders of different levels and align architecture with other domains and product lines.
- Mentor and coach team architects and tech leads in the domain and guide communication flow to and from developers.
- Conduct architectures reviews for critical architecture components and lead with prototypes, proof-of-concepts and a clear economic assessment.
What you need:
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with the Avaloq Banking System
- Minimum of 5 years of continuous relevant architecture experience
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering in an object-oriented programming language
- Good knowledge and sound understanding of database technologies (SQL, Oracle PL/SQL)
- Eagerness to learn and understand the business needs aiming to provide clean designs and high-quality code with end user in mind
- Strong conceptual and analytical mind with a structured and autonomous approach to work on complex technical and business problems
You will get extra points for the following:
- Knowledge / experience in Kubernetes (Openshift), Docker
- Knowledge / experience in Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Bash
- Knowledge / experience with Java Spring framework, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA
- Hands-on experience in building distributed applications, (preferably) using microservice architectures and various integration patterns (messaging, RESTful API)
Now let’s talk about perks and compensation:
We have a hybrid work week model, giving colleagues flexibility in how they work, as well as ensuring we create our unique Avaloq culture in our office locations. Our base salaries are competitive and you can be recognised for outstanding effort with an extraordinary achievement reward – the pinnacle of recognition. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its colleagues by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s’ contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com