Techmeetups Partners with Angelhack for London 2012 Hackathon!
This has been a very eventful week! Techmeetups are happy to announce that we have partnered with Angelhack for their London 2012 Hackathon! The date of the hackathon has now changed from our original date of November 16-18 to November 10-11.
We made the choice to join forces with Angelhack to provide the best experience and resources to our community members. This hackathon will be even bigger and better than ours from last year.
Our global partners are Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Box, Pearson, and Palantir.
What you should expect at our event:
- 100’s of amazing developers & designers to work with
- Gourmet food, shwag, nerf guns, helicopters, and at select locations- AR drones and free massages
- Over $650,000 in prizes, including acceptance into AngelHack’s Hackcelerator program and trips to Silicon Valley (more details below and on our FAQ)
- Media coverage and immediate attention for your hackathon project to get taken to the next level
- An awesome community of mentors, influencers, and expert judges to help you along the way
For those who have already purchased tickets: if the date change causes any issues with your ability to attend, please let us know and you will be refunded. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we did the change in the best interest of our community!
TechMeetups has been setup to create a global network of Tech communities from San Francisco to Sydney. We believe that Tech communities are isolated and great things can be achieved if we connect within our cities and outside our borders. Our goal is to create a global Tech cluster of over 50 inter-connected Tech communities by 2013.
Membership to our communities is free and anyone thinking about doing their own Startup and wanting to bounce ideas off each other, meet potential partners or investors in their city or even connect with like minded individuals in other parts of the world are welcome to join our groups! TechMeetups is all about YOU so come along, join us and lets connect to form a truly global tech community!